National Take a Walk in the Park Day rolls around every year on March 30th, ready to inspire you to get outdoors. And there’s no doubt that your dog wants to get in on the action. Alongside your pup, you can enjoy nature and take charge of your health all at the same time. Ready to get started? Here’s what you need to know about this fun day.
Why Enjoy Take a Walk in the Park Day
National Take a Walk in the Park Day is all about reconnecting with nature. And what better way to do that than with your furry friends by your side?
As you and your dog explore the park together, you’ll both enjoy the numerous benefits of walking, such as:
- Get a mood boost
- Decrease your stress levels
- Improve your cardiovascular health
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Promote excellent gut health
On top of that, the park setting lets you soak in the beauty of the great outdoors. Your mind, body, and spirit will undoubtedly feel better connected with the Earth. As for your dog, sniffing around in nature helps promote a sense of calm and well-being that will improve their everyday lives.
The more you walk in the park, the more benefits will come your way. So, start with National Take a Walk in the Park Day and then keep the habit going for you and your dog.
Top Ways to Celebrate with Your Dog
If you want to celebrate this exciting day in style, leash up your dog and consider:
- Spending time at a popular dog park near your home for off-leash fun
- Visiting your neighborhood park for a walk along the meandering paths
- Going to a nearby state or national park to walk through the trails
- Stopping by an open field for a game of fetch or brisk run through the tall grass
Need to stay indoors instead? All is not lost. A virtual park tour lets you get an amazing glimpse of nature. After that, curl up on the couch with your pup and watch the nature channel together to explore the great outdoors even more.
Tips for Eco-Conscious Park Day Celebrations
Ready to make the most of National Take a Walk in the Park Day? Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Start your park adventures with a healthy meal for you and a big scoop of insect-based kibble for your pup.
- Stuff your pockets or dedicated treat bag with tasty goodies for your dog to enjoy on the road.
- Dress for the weather to protect you and your pup from the elements—and reschedule for another day if adverse conditions come your way.
- Honor the planet by gearing up with eco-friendly items, like sustainable leashes and harnesses.
- Research the parks and trails to make sure you can find one that will work best for you and your dog.
- Abide by all the rules of the trails or parks you visit to help protect the natural landscape
- Watch your dog’s demeanor to decide how long to stay out, and then allow for plenty of rest after your adventures.
By keeping all these things in mind, you can be sure your day out will be fun for you and your furry friend. Take note of how well your adventures go, so you can make changes in the future whenever you head out the door to spend time in nature.
With National Take a Walk in the Park Day on your calendar, it’s now time to get geared up for all the fun ahead. So, use this guide to prepare for a day of adventures with your dog. Then, come home to nap it all off before planning next year’s festivities.
Jiminy’s Insect based dog food is a natural dog food packed with probiotics and prebiotics for dogs. Treat your pup to a sustainable and eco-friendly dog food and dog treat option. Learn how insect protein is a healthy diet for pets.
At Jiminy’s, we believe in giving your dogs the very best and that starts with our insect-based dog food. By using crickets and grubs as our primary protein source, we produce quality kibble, wet food, and treats designed to provide complete nutrition for dogs. In fact, insect protein meets or exceeds all AAFCO requirements, making it a superfood you and your dog will love.
To create the perfect formula every time, we follow that up with whole food ingredients that offer natural probiotics in every bite. Together, the naturally prebiotic insect protein and probiotic-rich foods help build a strong gut microbiome. Our innovative protein doesn’t trigger allergies like traditional pet food ingredients either, resulting in better gut health for food-sensitive dogs.
Beyond that, our products are eco-friendly, humane, and safe for dogs of all sizes. So, you can definitely feel good about feeding your dog Jiminy’s – and your dog will enjoy our tasty Cravin’ Cricket and Good Grub flavors.