- Oven baked in the USA with pride. Minimally processed, all natural and complete and balanced. Veterinarian formulated. Designed to exceed AAFCO standards for all life stages.
- Essential, high-quality insect protein for healthy muscle development, and complex carbohydrates for enhanced gut health and to provide energy for an active life. Our grubs provide great nutrition – a complete protein, exceeding AAFCO canine standards for B-Vitamins, Choline (brain health) and fatty acids.
- Supports better health for your pet with improved appetite and digestion, relief from allergies, vibrant skin and coat, healthy teeth and gums, greater stamina and vitality and a healthy immune system.
- Sustainable and humane. switching a dog from a chicken diet to Good Grub saves over 500,000 gallons of water per year (more if the dog is eating a diet sourced from a bigger animal)
- Hypoallergenic. Crafted without the use of corn, wheat, soy or chicken (or poultry).
Guaranteed Analysis is the pet food industry’s version of the Nutrition Facts printed on every package of human food sold in the U.S. and Canada.
The Guaranteed Analysis makes it easy for consumers to compare pet food based on four critical nutrients: Protein, Fat, Fiber and Moisture.
- Crude Protein (min) 26%
- Crude Fat (min) 12%
- Crude Fiber (max) 6%
- Moisture (max) 10%
Calorie Content (calculated):
Metabolizable Energy Kcal/kg: 3690
Metabolizable Energy Kcal/cup: 408
Ingredients: Dried Black Soldier Fly Larvae, Oats, Dried Sweet Potato, Potato Protein, Sunflower Oil, Dried Beet Pulp, Natural Vegetable Flavor, Flaxseed.
Vitamins: Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Menhaden Fish Oil, Choline Chloride.
Minerals: Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate, DL Methionine, Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols (a preservative), Dicalcium Phosphate.
Simon is consuming it.Difficult to determine between this and Cricket Crave food but ,he is consuming both actually which is a plus.Most of the time if it does not pass the smell testhe,will not even take a bite!!Seriously stubborn and spoiled .His labs and urine /stool tests are great thus ,must be doing something right!!Very glad overall ,Jimmy's is available.
I ran out of kibble a few days before it was delivered so had to do an emergency run to the pet store to pick another and found this. I bought a bag of the cricket and a bag of the grub. My other kibble is a vegan one and I am happy with it, but have decided to do a rotating diet for my two dogs with all three kibbles. They really like both the cricket and grub and I am really happy with the ingredients and the fact that it is another minimal impact dog food on our environment. We should all be conscience about that and I believe our dogs (and us) are all healthier for it.
Dog seems to like it a lot. Love that it's ecologically sound. My dog's hair has smoothed out and glows. She had a rough spot near her tail which has basically disappeared. Only gave 4 stars as it's very expensive. If the price came down to match other high end dog foods, I would have given 5 stars.
Our dog really likes this food. Because she needs more fiber than most dogs, we mix this food with her high-fiber prescription food. That was been working great. She's happy with the food; we're happy to reduce the environmental impact of dog ownership.
Our goldendoodle loves it! I also like that it isn't so "crumby" like a lot of regular dog foods.
The only hesitancy we have about switching is the price. So as a compromise, we'll be feeding our dog Good Grub mixed in with her other dog food to balance cost and carbon pawprint. As the company scales and can hopefully bring the price down in the years to come, we hope to switch to have her 100% on Good Grub.