Halloween is upon us! Here are some of our best tips to reduce your carbon footprint while celebrating this fun holiday!
5 Eco-Friendly Halloween Tips
- Decorations: Be choicefull about your Halloween decorations. Make your own decorations with materials from home and reuse decorations each year. There are tons of great DIY Halloween decorations ideas out there that are fun and make for great quality time.
- Costumes: Get creative – make your own costume with things you already have or purchase materials from a local consignment shop. Reuse costumes or donate after you’re done with it.
- Pumpkins: pumpkins are a sure sign that fall is upon us but we need to consider the environmental dangers that come with supply and demand. Did you know, over 1 billion pounds of pumpkin are thrown into America’s landfills each year? Instead of contributing to our landfills, try some of these: make a DIY birdfeeder, make pumpkin puree for dog treats or food, roast the pumpkin seeds, and compost the leftovers
- Trick-or-Treating: Collect candy with a reusable tote bag instead of a plastic trick-or-treat bucket.
- Travel: Trick-or-treat in a nearby neighborhood you can walk or ride your bike to or organize carpools to reduce the number of vehicles driving to your Halloween party.